Foods that Help and Hurt Psoriasis & Eczema
Nutrition and determining what foods are good for you can be one of the most confusing things to get a grasp on. One day you can read an article on how good a certain food is for you and the next your neighbor could tell you how awful it is. So we are here to help simplify your life a little bit with a breakdown of the best food to eat to help reduce psoriasis/eczema symptoms and which foods might be causing your flare-ups.
What to Look For:
- Omega – 3, helps to combat inflammation
- Fish: Salmon, Albacore Tuna, Mackerel, Sardines, Herring
- Probiotics, promote good bacteria in the gut
- Fermented Foods/Drinks: kombucha, sauerkraut, miso, tempeh, kimchi, natto,
- Inflammation-fighting, these are nutrient rich foods with enzymes, proteins, and helpful vitamins
- Colorful Fruits and Vegetables: apples, broccoli, cherries, spinach, kale
What to Avoid:
Not all of these foods may cause a reaction but it would be a good idea to test these foods by trying an elimination diet. That way you can find out which foods in particular may trigger your skin condition. It is best to keep in mind that this is different for everyone.
- Citrus Fruits
- Vanilla, cloves, cinnamon
If you think your eczema or psoriasis may be triggered by something you eat it would be a good idea to visit an allergist who would best be able to determine which foods specifically trigger your skin condition.